public sealed class Chunk :
public sealed class Chunk extends
Refer to Chunks section of user guide for further information.
- Array of tile data.
- Gets or sets a value indicating whether thisis dirty.
- Gets index of first tile in chunk.
- Gets a value indicating whether chunk is void of tiles.
- Gets or sets a value indicating whether the procedural mesh associated with thisneeds to be updated.
- Gets the associated procedural mesh component.
- Gets the tile system component.
Here are some of the benefits of using chunks:
- Lower memory overhead (tile data) when large areas of tile system are empty because empty chunks can be stripped.
- Tile system builder can combine static tiles into a single mesh on a per chunk basis. The chunk size can be fine tuned to improve rendering performance. When needed the combiner chunk size can be specified separately (see combineMethod).
- Procedural meshes that are generated to represent 2D tiles are formed on a per chunk basis.
- Custom game-specific scripts can be written to optimize performance as needed. This might be used, for example, to disable all tiles within a specific chunk based on distance.
Both the chunk map and tile data can be stripped for lower memory overhead at runtime. However, in some games these data structures can be useful.